Delastic® Preformed Pavement Seals for Highways and Airports
Building highways and airport pavements to last is a challenging engineering assignment, especially when the pavement must withstand heavy traffic, weather extremes, debilitating fuels and de-icing chemicals. Delastic® Preformed Pavement Seals are a reliable product with a proven track record.
Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals are extruded from compounds of neoprene (polychloroprene), which meet or exceed current American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standard specifications. They are compressed and remain in contact with the joint walls while allowing the concrete pavement to expand and contract during temperature changes. Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals have proven to remain durable and effective through the years.
“At D.S. Brown, our seals meet the most rigorous standards,” said Ryan Sypherd, National Sales Manager – Pavement Products. “We’re very proud to have our seals widely recognized by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Air Force, consulting engineers and other agencies as an effective, long-lasting concrete pavement joint seal solution.”
Installations of Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals
D.S. Brown often hosts training sessions for Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals, which cover a variety of topics, including how to successfully install pavement seals using our Delastall® Kompressor installation machine. Attendees receive classroom instruction, hands-on installation demos, and are guided through recommended maintenance protocols for the Delastall Kompressor.
A positive training return on investment is quickly realized with properly installed products and higher productivity.
Product Advantages of Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals
There are many advantages of Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals including:
- Dramatic reduction in concrete joint spalling
- Ability to seal joints even when moisture is present
- Resistance to jet fuel and other chemicals
- Speed of installation
- Product cleanliness
- Ease of inspection
Resources & Support for Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals
What Specifications do Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals meet?
- ASTM D 2628, FAA P604, AASHTO M-220, USACE 02762, USACE 32- 13-73 and CRD-C 548 Standard Specifications
What resources are available for Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals?
What installation tools are available for Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals?
- Review the Delastall Automatic Installer Kompressor Installation Tool
- Review the Push-Pro Installation Tool
- Review the Pump-Pro Installation Tool
What case studies of Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals are available?
- Smooth Travels with Delastic Preformed Compression Seals on Spaceport America Runway
- MidAmerica St. Louis AirportRunway 14L/32R
Is there video of Delastic Preformed Pavement Seals?
About the D.S. Brown Company
Founded in 1890, the D.S. Brown Company is a leading worldwide designer, supplier and manufacturer of engineered products for the bridge and highway industry. D.S. Brown’s home office and manufacturing facilities are in North Baltimore, Ohio.
D.S. Brown is fully integrated, performing and controlling all manufacturing processes internally:
- Research and Development
- Engineering Design/CAD Detailing
- Extruding, Molding and Testing
- Custom Steel Fabrication and Machining
D.S. Brown has the most comprehensive product-line serving the transportation industry. We manufacture solutions for the most challenging infrastructure applications. Our high-quality engineered products are available worldwide for new construction and rehabilitation of bridges, highways, airfields, pavements, and parking structures.
- Bridges: Since the early 1960s, D.S. Brown has provided expansion joint systems and specialty products for bridges around the globe. Learn more about our solutions for bridges.
- Pavements: Building highways and airport pavements to last is a challenging engineering assignment, especially when the pavement must withstand heavy traffic, weather extremes, debilitating fuels and de-icing chemicals. You need reliable products with a proven track record. Learn more about our solutions for pavements.
- Architectural: D.S. Brown provides a variety of expansion joint products for parking garages and other architectural applications. Learn more about our architectural solutions.
- Concrete Repair: D.S. Brown offers a variety of cementitious and composite solutions for various concrete repair projects. Learn more about our concrete repair solutions.