Delpatch™ Elastomeric Concrete: A Go-To Repair Solution
Pavement repairs always invokes questions about the best methods and materials. During the life of a pavement, several types of repairs might be necessary to maintain and preserve pavements, including spalling repairs, joint rehabilitations, lighting trench retrofits and many more.
A go-to solution for many is Delpatch™ Elastomeric Concrete. It provides a long-term solution and continues to outperform other types of repair materials.
Delpatch Elastomeric Concrete is a 2-part polyurethane patching material mixed with proprietary aggregates and has been specified and installed on airport runways and highways since 1983. For more than 37 years, Delpatch has proven to be extremely durable and cost-effective.
Delpatch Elastomeric Concrete Advantages
At D.S. Brown, we understand the demands and needs of a quality repair material to perform well, and to perform well the first time it’s installed. We have worked tirelessly to create a material with optimal installation and performance qualities for customers. Here are a few of the advantages of Delpatch Elastomeric Concrete:
- High-load bearing capacity – Handles the weight of C-4s, 747s, and heavy truck traffic.
- Outstanding anti-spalling properties – Delpatch is a long-term solution for high-performance pavement repairs.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel – Laboratory tests show Delpatch withstands over 400 psi with concrete and 500 psi with steel.
- Impact resistant – Under bitter cold conditions Delpatch withstands heavy impact, unlike epoxy and concrete-based materials that shatter.
- High compressive strength – Delpatch can handle heavy pounds per square inch pressure before deflecting, and its memory allows it to return to its near original state after deflection.
- Chemical resistant – Delpatch resists commonly used chemicals such as ASTM Oil #1, ASTM Fuel A, Ethylene Glycol, Freon, Isopropyl Alcohol, JP-4 JetFuel, Silicone Grease, Sodium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Trisodium Phosphate, and Potassium Acetate.
- Easy to install – Delpatch is self-leveling and has a rapid cure time. This minimizes expensive downtime and allows for the return of traffic often within an hour of final pour. It also protects work crews by minimizing their exposure to heavy traffic.
- Flexibility – Cement, Phosphate, Epoxy and most other high early strength repair materials prematurely fail because they are rigid. Rigid repair materials installed in rigid pavement require that the materials have similar coefficient of expansion. Most do not and, as a result, destroy the patch and the surrounding concrete. Delpatch utilizes a unique urethane chemistry to provide a flexible patch that will deflect as surrounding concrete expands and contracts, rather than destroy it.
The key to Delpatch’s success is its unique characteristics. These have built the great reputation of Delpatch’s performance and use. The flexibility of Delpatch allows the material to perform well in extreme freeze-thaw conditions, such as found at Denver International Airport and Kansas City International Airport, while also providing strong bonding capabilities to handle high-traffic and heavy load airports, found at the Los Angeles International Airport and Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Many commercial and general aviation airports benefit from Delpatch’s ease of use, whether it’s on a maintenance schedule or on capital-funded projects.
For a more in-depth look at Delpatch, watch this installation video on instructions and applications. Questions or inquiries regarding Delpatch Elastomeric Concrete? Reach out to the D.S. Brown team at 419.257.3561.
Delpatch Elastomeric Concrete Resources
- What resources are available for Delpatch™Elastomeric Concrete?
- Are there examples of Delpatch™Elastomeric Concrete installations?
- View repairs at Albuquerque Sunport International Airport, CR 104, Olmstead County, MN, Sioux Falls International Airport and Milwaukee International Airport
- Is there Video of Delpatch™Elastomeric Concrete?
- Check out this Delpatch Instructional Installation Video – https://youtu.be/xC_Cqv3xCPk
About the D.S. Brown Company
Founded in 1890, the D.S. Brown Company is a leading worldwide designer, supplier and manufacturer of engineered products for the bridge and highway industry. D.S. Brown’s home office and manufacturing facilities are in North Baltimore, Ohio.
D.S. Brown is fully integrated, performing and controlling all manufacturing processes internally:
- Research and Development
- Engineering Design/CAD Detailing
- Extruding, Molding and Testing
- Custom Steel Fabrication and Machining
D.S. Brown has the most comprehensive product-line serving the transportation industry. We manufacture solutions for the most challenging infrastructure applications. Our high-quality engineered products are available worldwide for new construction and rehabilitation of bridges, highways, airfields, pavements, and parking structures.
- Bridges: Since the early 1960s, D.S. Brown has provided expansion joint systems and specialty products for bridges around the globe. Learn more about our solutions for bridges.
- Pavements: Building highways and airport pavements to last is a challenging engineering assignment, especially when the pavement must withstand heavy traffic, weather extremes, debilitating fuels and de-icing chemicals. You need reliable products with a proven track record. Learn more about our solutions for pavements.
- Architectural:S. Brown provides a variety of expansion joint products for parking garages and other architectural applications. Learn more about our architectural solutions.
- Concrete Repairs: D.S. Brown offers a variety of cementitious and composite solutions for various concrete repair projects. Learn more about our concrete repair solutions.
Connect with D.S. Brown
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Contact a D.S. Brown sales representative today – https://dsbrown.com/contact-us/.